What To Expect When We Reopen
Borrowing and Returns:
- We are encouraging the continuation of curbside service. Request your materials in advance either by placing holds or calling ahead and staff will retrieve them for you. If you place a hold on an item, please wait for notification from us that your item is available for pick-up, and then call ahead and let us know you’re coming. Staff will meet you at the front door. Loan periods will be extended for your convenience.
- All materials returned to the library should be placed in outside book drop or DVD drop. Items will be quarantined and remain on your card for 3 days before being checked in. Any fines that accrue during this time will be waived until further notice.
- We will be open to the public from 10am to 3pm Monday through Friday. Phone calls will be answered between 10am and 5pm.
- Number of patrons in the building may be limited if needed.
- These guidelines are general. Staff will meet patrons upon entering the library with detailed browsing guidelines.
- We would like to encourage patrons to do their best to limit their time in the library to 30 minutes or less.
- One person down an aisle for browsing, physical distancing must be maintained throughout the building.
- At this time, we are not allowing children into the children’s area, nor free run of the library in general. Staff will assist parents/caregivers to select items.
- Should parents choose to bring children to the library, they must keep their children at their side and not touching surfaces. We highly recommend that you phone ahead for items and staff will deliver to front door or car window.
- You will find hand sanitizer stations located at entrance and in several spots throughout library.
- Follow Beaverlodge Public Library on Facebook for current updates
Computers and Office Services:
- Although computer station sanitizing is done before and after use, patrons will be asked to wear a mask when using the computers. Please bring one if you have it. Masks will be provided for those who do not have one.
- Four computers will be available to the public.
- Three computers will be by appointment only. Please call ahead to ensure access. (780-354-2569). Times will begin on the hour.
- Time on computers will be limited to 45 minutes per session, one session per day.
- For the first two weeks, computers will only be available for adults. This may be extended if the need warrants.
- We cannot loan out USB sticks or headphones, so please bring your own. We have a very limited number of earbuds for purchase.
- All office services are available (printing, faxing, copying, scanning, laminating). Please attempt to have correct change or be prepared to use debit or credit.